Friday, November 2, 2012

Crazy Pie


I decided to enjoy a slice of crazy pie called "NaNoWriMo," aka National Novel Writing Month.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with this type of insanity, it basically means that I have committed myself to writing a 50,000 word minimum novel in 30 days.  Mathematically that breaks down into 1,666+ words a day. 

My story is tentatively titled "My Tribe," and yes, it is about belly dance, and so much more.  Incidentally, that's why I'm posting about my novelistic endeavors here on my belly dance journey blog.  I'm thinking that writing about dance is another part of the journey.

Yesterday was the big start day and I woke up around 4:00 am with a migraine, immediately started crying and thinking to myself, "How in the hell am I suppose to take Indigo to school and dance class, clean the house, grocery shop, do my 30 minute daily dance practice and write at least 1,666 words when it feels like someone is trying to drive a red hot ice pick into my right eye?" 

Not exactly the beginning I was hoping for. 

The house cleaning didn't happen and dance practice was turned into some migraine taming yoga that at least took some of the edge off so that by the end of the day I did manage to come up with 1,433 words. 


No comments:

Post a Comment